From Me:

I created this walk through to show everyone how to get through the missions with tombs. I didn't make this for people to ask me how to fix their technical difficulties. My game has NO glitches which means all the missions have worked fine for me, and everything was where and how it was supposed to be. PLEASE stop asking me how to fix these issues with your game.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tomb of Discovery

::A note from moi:: I am assuming that you as a sims player recognize that you know how to click on things and pick stuff out of the menus. I also assume you realize your sim has needs, and if their needs drop below a certain level they will refuse to do anything else so it is up to you to make them happy again. Furthermore I expect you know what Map view is, along with map tags, and you know how to pan around the screen, tilt and rotate the screen, and how to put the walls up and down. ::end note::

Arthur Adventureson here! If you are reading this, you probably expect that I will be showing you how to get through the various tombs in Egypt to the best of my ability. Well today is your lucky day, because I plan on doing just that.

To start your adventure, use your cell phone to call the travel agency and tell them where you want to go. If you are just starting out, you will have a zero visa score, so you will only be able to say 3 days. I will assume you have brains enough to realize you need a good chunk of money to go on a vacation. Once you are done booking your trip, you can jump into your own car, or a taxi will come pick you up. On my adventure I will be going to Egypt.

When you arrive at your destination, you will be at "Base camp". Here you can satisfy all your basic needs. To begin your adventure go to the sparkly bulletin board. Some missions are over in one step. For example, you may get one that says "Deliver X amount of an item to a person." Others, however, will take you on the adventures you are so eager to do.

Your first big adventure will be along the lines of this one. Sometimes its the citizens of Egypt trying to find the 3 relics, sometimes its MercuCorp. Either one will take you on the same adventure, you will just be working for different people (obviously). So you should get a button above your moodlet box that says [Report In]. Clicking that will automatically send your sim to where they need to be. This works about 90% of the time. The other 10% there will be no button, just some instructions for your destination, so you will have to go to Map View and find the icon that is yellowish or tan with a picture of a hat, or someones picture on it. This shows you where you need to go or need to talk to.

After you talk to whomever it is the game asks you to talk to, they will tell you to go to the Tomb of Discovery to find their missing papers. So go do that.

Alright, so here I am in the first room. There are 2 doors which are both locked and a treasure chest.
Open the chest, and there is a keystone in it. Keystones are keys that go in special locks to open doors. You need them to open most locked doors.

Click on the gray rectangle next to the door to put the keystone in.

After that, some magic sparklies will unlock the door for you.

Most of the time you will have to click the unlocked door to make your sim go through because the room on the other side is still dark. Once you are in the room click the gray square with the foot prints on it and click stand on. This will make some stairs appear.

Do this again on the next floor switch and this will unlock another door.

In this room there is a floor switch and a statue. Standing on the floor switch will unlock the door, but once you step off, the door locks again. What to do? I say, why not pull that statue over the floor switch?

The next room has a similar set up.

Some more magic sparklies unlock the door for me.

Well this looks interesting. Could the game be trying to tell me something? Perhaps the chest with the glowing beams of light shooting into is something worth investigating. Ah yes it is! It has those papers we were sent here to get. Yay!

There is also a secret room here. Have your sim open the secret door. If they have low body skill it may take a while. Pick up the stuff from this room.

After leaving the secret room, go up the stairs, take what is in the chest, and stand on the floor switch. Go deliver the papers to whomever wanted them.

You have finished the first of many parts of this mission! Go you!


  1. Arthur is a cutie pie! Is he available for download yet?

  2. I was so worried about finishing these, that i completely forgot to upload him to the exchange. Silly me!